Tuesday 15 December 2009

Holiday time

Sorry about the lack of posting friends but I've taken myself away from the hustle and bustle of London for a little R&R and festive celebrations with my family in Argentina who I haven't seen in nearly 2years. The trip was a long one, totalling 30hours, but in my eyes that is no excuse to let the style slip. So Front Row Dry Shampoo in hand I sprayed and shook my locks ready to begin my little Argentine adventure. Not only is it a chance to catch up with old friends and family it is also a chance to test out those looks earmarked from ready to wear S/S 10. One of my favourite looks that emerged last September was the pastel shades from Christopher Kane. Honestly at first I didn't think the show was all that daring but the more I look the more beautiful and detailed I find it. For me it is a look made from within a candy shop with shades varying from Parma Violets and Strawberry's and Cream to Humbugs; all wrapped up in checks, floral embroidery and jersey. Delicious. It is also not just the usual girlishness which never sits quite right with me personally; he gave these sweeties some bite with sharp tailoring, the use of bra structuring and high slits up to the top of the thigh. And finally the best bits of all are the shoes. There are liquorice laces that wind round the foot and black twisters posing as heels. If Topshop do an homage to these I think I may cry with joy. Am planning on raiding my mum/grandma/aunts collective closets for pieces and my take on the look will follow bon amies.


No comments: