Saturday 9 January 2010

LFW Rising Stars

The provisional timetable for London Fashion Week has been announced and boy o boy am I excited! Flying through the schedule I noticed that Erdem has been placed at lunch time on Monday the 22nd of February and as with every name that catches my interest I follow them up on the London Fashion Week website to see what little secrets about them I can learn.

The thing that made my smile about Erdem’s interview was how he stated that London is the catalyst for everything “fashion”. I have held this view close to my heart for a very long time, but hearing it for a magnificent artist who has lived in the fashion Mecca of New York fills me with pride. The diversity that you find in this city is unparalleled and I get a burst of joy every time I can say that I call London my home (and I do try and bring it into conversation a lot).

One other London name that sprang at me was Fashion East. A non-profit organisation that offers a very supportive launch-pad to London’s brightest new talents has finally been welcome from the off-schedule shows into the official LFW timetable. They show a collection of designers who offer something unique and fresh which is important to the whole development of the industry. From their S/S 10 ready to wear collection Holly Fulton was ear marked by style.com as the ‘breakout star’, having produced a wearable Sixties/ Art Deco inspired collection that I would welcome into my wardrobe with open arms. And I am sure that on the 20th of February there will be some star that comes onto our radar through the medium of Fashion East and I, for one, cannot wait.





Images gracefully stolen from style.com

No comments: