Wednesday 14 April 2010

Mama's Wardrobe Never Looked So Good


When I was younger there were certain brands that were considered part of "Mum's wardrobe"; nowhere I would seen dead in, let alone consider spending my own money on. One of these shops was Whistles. Now I know my personal style has changed since I was 15 but I think Whistles has gone through a massive brand transformation too and now we are closing the style gap between us. It has always been a haven for great brands but the Whistles in house stuff had never really inspired me before, but I find myself getting very over excited about their soft tailoring, spring knits and quietly edgy jersey. I think the classic Whistles lady (think Olivia Palermo on the high street) is still aimed at an age bracket, and pay packet, just above mine but the genius of these pieces is that they are wearable and long lasting. The cliché of the term "investment piece" never sounded so true.








When I first saw this dress I could have sworn it was a Peter Pilotto number. Tribal graphic print on a well structured dress is the perfect S/S 10 wardrobe filler.


No comments: