Sunday 8 November 2009

Autumnal Saturdays

I decided that I would have a productive Saturday this week and not my usual lounging around dissecting the night before whilst nursing my head and making excuses not to leave the house. So wrapped up in our warmest finery - I chose a chunky cream scary, bright red cardi-coat, cream thigh-high socks and layered gold jumper over a Lycra green dress - me and a couple pals decided that Broadway Market was how we want to spend the lovely sunny Saturday that was bestowed upon us. We sampled the biggest variety of sauces, pestos, olives and cakes that could have been on offer and the bite size pieces made any calorie significance insignificant. The Vintage selection was brilliant and pretty reasonably priced too. however, the men's vintage was really impressive, there were plaid shirts and tweed jackets as far as the eye could see.

The food was not quite so reasonably priced, but the quality more than made up for it. However my poor little purse was too barren to afford food so I bought some beautiful burnt orange germinis to brighten up my new home. Emma and I strolled home along the canal, soaking up the last of the autumn sunshine, discussing how lucky we are to live in such a wonderful city, and what the 14yr old versions of us would think of who we are and the life we lead. We decided they would be happy enough; its not perfect but its a pretty charmed life.














1 comment:

EmZee said...

Twas a magical day! Loving the London lip service x