Monday 22 March 2010

Growing Old Disgracefully



I don't fear getting older because I don't think that it means that your life suddenly stops, so I was thrilled to see this new blog called Advanced Style which features street snaps of the free bus pass-silver haired generation taken by Ari Seth Cohen. I love the fact that your style can evolve with age and in fact possibly get better -as Cohen's images capture beautifully. My great grandmother is another example of this and is also one of my greatest style inspirations. Every time I go over to her house I come home with a stylish little gem tucked under my coat that I have stolen out of her wardrobe. She never leaves the house without her hair done and make up delicately applied;looking pressed and preened to perfection.
Fingers crossed this stylishness runs in the gene pool, although I would settle with looking as fabulous as Debra.


Debra


Marvin

1 comment:

A La Mode said...

That first picture is amazing!
http://girlalamode.blogspot.com/