Monday 8 March 2010

Oscars Verdict


Beautiful, classic and chic. I love Meryl Streep's look, it's glam in all the right ways. The hair and jewellery perfectly complement the simple and flattering Chris March dress. I don't think there is a need to dress conservatively as you get older, but that doesn't meant you should bear all, all the time either. What Meryl shows with the plunging V of this dress is how a little flesh can go along way, please take note Mariah.

Now I know this maybe controversial but I am not a massive fan of this look. Cameron Diaz normally rocks a much more thrown-together look (of which I am a fan) but this is all a bit too neat and over worked for my liking. I have no problem with the Oscar de la Renta dress, in fact its actually quite lovely but the hair and diamonds are far too "Dallas" for and it spoils the whole thing.

I think Ouch pretty much sums up this whole look. I know it's silly to expect subtlety from Mariah Carey but it's the Oscars not the Razzies and they require a tiny bit more material than this in my view. The Valentino Haute Couture dress just does not work well on her silhouette and in my opinion makes her look a bit thick in the waist.


The battle of the Armani Prive! Well in all honesty I am still a bit confused by the material which bears a very close resemblance to bubble wrap, however, in my view Amanda Seyfried has won hands down for me. She is commanding the beauty of this dress, whilst J-Lo looks a bit enveloped by it. Who is your Armani Prive champ?



No comments: